Last modified: 2/27/2020
- What information we collect or you may provide when you register with, access or use our Service.
- How we use, maintain and share the data or other information we collect.
- How we protect your privacy.
- On or in our Service.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website or sent through our App.
These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website and App are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or through the Service. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information to our Service or on or through any of its features, do not register to become a member of the Service, use any of the interactive features of the Service, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please write to us at
Attention: Privacy Officer
1700 East Golf Road, Suite 900
Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
or contact us via our toll-free number: (800) 840-6100.
2. What Information Do We Collect About You, and How Do We Collect It?
- Directly from you, when you provide it to us on our Website or through our App, and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Service.
- Automatically, when you use the Website or App.
3. Information You Provide to Us
We may collect and use information from and about you, that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device, whether used on its own or combined with other personal or identifying information (“Personal Information”).
When you download, register with, or use our Service, you may be asked to provide us with Personal Information. In the last twelve months, The Personal Information we have collected falls into the below categories:
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information In Connection With Specific Parts Of Our Service:
- Identifiers such as your name, postal address, online identifiers (like your username), email address, account name, social security number, and IP address;
- Personal Information Categories Listed In The California Customer Records Statute, such as your insurance policy number, credit card number or other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information; activity patterns, health, wellness and exercise data;
- Protected Classification Characteristics such as your age, race, gender, and health status;
- Commercial Information such as your purchase history of certain products or services, or products and services that you have considered purchasing;
- Internet Activity such as details of your visits to our Website and access and use of our App, information about your computer or mobile device, including your IP address and unique device identifier;
- Geolocation Data about your physical location while using our Website or App;
- Professional or Employment Information such as your employment history and current employer;
- Inferential Information about your preferences, health activities, and other interests.
- By using our Service or participating in certain programs: We may collect your Personal Information and other data including biometric data, health screening results, and medical conditions you have or had if you register for certain programs (such as participating in biometric screenings, health assessments, challenges or contests, engaging with a coach, completing a health assessment, or other programs available through the Service, or requesting to be provided with a pedometer in connection with a challenge or contest). From time to time or through your use of other features of our Service, we may collect additional information you provide about your health, interests and goals, and such information may be linked to other Personal Information we hold about you.
- By connecting a wearable fitness device to our Service: When you choose to connect a wearable fitness device to our Service, we will collect the information provided by that third-party device (we may refer to all such information, regardless of platform, as “Wearables Data” and we refer to each device as a “Wearable Device”). When you sync your Wearables Data or a Wearable Device, we collect and use the information you choose to share using that Wearable Device’s sync functionality or API. As the specific data comprising Wearables Data may vary depending on the device and/or APIs, you should review the documentation for your device and any permissions it requests before agreeing to provide Interactive Health with Wearables Data. Please refer to any Wearable Device documentation for details on any additional information the third-party manufacturer may collect or share. You may choose to, but are not required to, link a Wearable Device as part of your use of our Service. To disconnect a Wearable Device and stop providing Wearables Data to Interactive Health, you may modify your account settings through the links available on our Service.
- By participating in challenges and contests: We may operate challenges, contests, or other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) through our Service, which may require registration on our Service in order to enter. Your participation in a Promotion confirms your authorization of Interactive Health to collect and disclose any Personal Information that may be required by the sponsor to support your participation in the Promotion. We may track additional health and wellness achievements as part of a Promotion, and, because of your election to participate in the Promotion, certain information about your health or wellness may be made available to your sponsoring organization.
- By signing up for our newsletters, emails, or other communications: We may offer newsletters and other communications that provide information about our products, developments, research, and other matters such as health information. By providing your email address, mobile phone number or other phone number, mailing address, and any other Personal Information required by the form on our Website or App, or by registering on the Website, you are expressly consenting to our collection of this information and to receive these communications from us by email, postal mail, telephone call (including by auto-dialed, pre-recorded, and/or artificial voice calls), and/or text message (including messages sent by an automated dialer), whether or not you are on a federal or state Do Not Call list. You may also receive emails from partners or other third-party organizations directly associated with your use of the Service. Please contact those third parties for information on how to unsubscribe from third-party communications.
- By contacting us through our Service: You may contact us, using a form or feature available on our Service (such as live chat or help desk) or via email with questions about our Service or other matters. If you contact us through our Service, we will collect the Personal Information and information about your inquiry that you voluntarily provide on the applicable form (typically your name, email address, phone number, and/or mailing address) or otherwise. We may place you on our contact list for information related to your inquiry or other service that we provide and may maintain records and copies of your correspondence. By including your telephone number and/or email or mailing address in any submission to Interactive Health, you are extending an express invitation and providing your express written consent to Interactive Health and our agents and service providers (i) to contact you by telephone at the numbers you have provided (including through auto-dialed, pre-recorded, artificial voice, and/or text messages) so we or they may assist you with your use of the Interactive Health Services, and/or notify you of programs that may be available to you, and you hereby consent to any such calls even if your phone number is on any Do Not Call list; and (ii) to contact you by email or postal mail at any email or mailing address you provide.
- By posting in community forums or other public or shared areas: You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Service, or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
4. Information Collected Automatically
When you download, access, and use the App or navigate through and interact with our Website, our Service may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information, including details of your visits to our Website or App, information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including usage details, device information, and location information, and other information described in any supplemental privacy notice or click-through agreement. This information may include:
- Details of your visits to our Website or access to and use of our App, including date and time of your visit, traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website or App.
- Information about your computer or mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type and version, internet service provider and/or mobile network information used to access or use the Service, and the unique device identifier and telephone number of the mobile device used to access or use the App.
- Metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device and accessed by the App, including, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Real-time information about the location of your device is collected by the App.
- IP address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. It is used to identify your computer’s “location” on the internet so that the information you request can be delivered to you. If you use a connection that assigns dynamic IP addresses, your computer will be assigned a new IP address each time you connect to the Internet. If, however, your computer is permanently connected to the Internet using a static IP address, the IP address assigned to your computer will generally be the same each time you use your computer.
Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends when you visit the Website or how to change your settings.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not register for the Service, do not download the App, or delete the App from your device. For more information, see our Interactive Health Information Privacy Statement for Wellness Vendors and Employer-Sponsored Wellness Programs.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- “Flash cookies”. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- "Web beacons".Pages of the Website or App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website or App statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website or App content and verifying system and server integrity).
- As described in a privacy notice or click-through agreement.We reserve the right to collect and use your Personal Information as described in any supplemental privacy notice posted where you provide Personal Information, or as provided in any “click-through” agreement between you and us.
5. Third-Party Information Collection.
Some content or applications on the Website and App are served by third parties, including content providers and application providers. When you use the Website or App or their content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Content and application providers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
6. How We Use Your Information
- To provide you with the Service and its contents.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To give you notices about your account.
- To send you notifications on behalf of your sponsoring organization about programs and services available to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or between your sponsoring organization and us.
- To notify you when App updates are available, and about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though the Service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Service.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
The usage information we automatically collect helps us to improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to:
- Analyze usage patterns of our members and users.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Service according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or use our App.
We use location information we collect to determine our service locations that are closest to you and provide you directions if needed.
We may use Wearables Data to log your achievements, track and analyze the activity and health habits of you, your colleagues, friends, and other users, and as necessary to administer our Service or certain features and Promotions.
If you participate in a Promotion, we may use your Personal Information to contact you for winner notification or prize delivery confirmation. Your acceptance of a prize or incentive may require you (unless prohibited by law) to allow us to post publicly some of your Personal Information on our Service or elsewhere, such as on a winner’s page and notify your employer.
We may use your email address and any other Personal Information you provide to our Service’s newsletter signup form, or that you provide during the registration process, to administer and manage our newsletter subscriptions and to provide you with additional communications, offers, or newsletters we believe will interest you, or that you have consented to receive.
If you contact us through the Service, any information you provide through our Service will be used in the context of resolving your request or answering your inquiry, or to provide additional information related to that inquiry.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users that cannot be reasonably used to identify you, and information that does not identify any individual or mobile device, without restriction.
- To other users:You may disclose Personal Information to other users through our messaging service, or through your use of our profile pages and other features. Your profile may display personal and health data you provide such as your name, health interests, fitness information or information from wearable devices.
- To your sponsoring organization/wellness provider:We may provide your sponsoring health plan, employer or other third party affiliate with your name, email address or other Personal Information required to verify your participation in our Service as part of a contract with these sponsoring organizations, or for other purposes with your consent.
- Under HIPAA We may disclose your Personal Information and/or PHI to entities subject to HIPAA (“covered entities” or “business associates”). Covered entities include, for example, health care providers such as doctors and dentists. Covered entities are also insurance providers and health plans, which may include health plans sponsored by your employer and which may be administered by other employees of your employer. Business associates include third parties that require access to PHI to help us provide the Service. In the United States, these entities are subject to HIPAA, and HIPAA requires covered entities and business associates to safeguard your Personal Information in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations. We disclose your PHI only in accordance with HIPAA and with your express opt-in consent. For more information about how we treat and protect your PHI collected through the Service, please see our Interactive Health Information Privacy Statement for Wellness Vendors and Employer-Sponsored Wellness Programs.
- For demographic analysis of our users: We may provide your IP address to our third-party service providers who can use it to identify your state and zip code. This gives us valuable demographic information about the individuals who use our Service.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them: We may, without your consent, share your Personal Information with third-party vendors who act for or on our behalf in providing the Service. These third-party vendors may need information about you to perform their functions. We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties who have been engaged on your behalf to provide disease management, health management, behavioral coaching, or similar wellness-related services (“Third Party Wellness Providers”), subject to contractual restrictions and conditions between us and the Third Party Wellness Providers that obligate them to safeguard your Personal Information. These Third Party Wellness Providers may contact you to offer their services in support of your health management goals. These Third Party Wellness Providers are separate and distinct entities from Interactive Health. If you agree to accept the services offered by a Third Party Wellness Provider, that agreement is solely between you and the Third Party Wellness Provider, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or services of Third Party Wellness Providers.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it: For example, if you provide us with your physician’s name and a note to that physician to share your screening results, we will transmit the note and the physician’s name to the fax number you provide.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information: We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as described in any privacy notice or click-through agreement posted on a page of our Service where you provide that information. By providing your Personal Information on that page you will be consenting to the disclosure of your Personal Information as described in that privacy notice.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Interactive Health, our customers, our users, or others. In addition, if we suspect fraud or a threat to the security of our Service, we may share Personal Information, including our server logs—which contain users' IP addresses—with other companies and/or with the appropriate investigative authorities, who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
8. Sale of Personal Information
During the last twelve (12) months, Interactive Health has not sold your Personal Information received to any third party.
9.Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information:
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Most modern browsers include a “do not track” feature that may help protect your privacy. Our Service does not respond to your browser’s do-not-track request at this time.
- Local Information You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your mobile device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in the email you receive. If you do not want us to use your mobile phone number to send you text messages promoting our products or services or for any other reason, you can opt out by texting STOP to 59166. You can also opt out of receiving emails, text messages, phone calls (including calls from automated dialers), and/or postal mailings by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at (800) 840-6100 and stating your request.
10. Accessing and Amending Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, or amend any Personal Information you have provided to us.. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
11. Your California Privacy Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights:
You have the right to request Interactive Health disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
Deletion Request Rights
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request that Interactive Health delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Fill out the CCPA Webform by clicking here.
- Emailing us at Privacy@interactivehealthinc.com
- Contacting us at 800-840-6100
- Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
- You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
- Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
- We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to Privacy@interactivehealthinc.com
12. Access From Outside the United States
At present, our Service is directed at users in the United States. If you are not a resident of the United States, please do not use the Service.
13. Data Security
We have implemented policies and procedures designed to secure your Personal Information and PHI from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Interactive Health uses a combination of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in accordance with applicable Federal and State laws. To use the Interactive Health Website or App you will create your own password protected account. Data transfer, storage, and integrity are secured and transmitted via secure encryption technology, regular data backups, and key code authentication. Interactive Health utilizes Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption that meets Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) to provide the most secure connection between your computer and our web site. To verify the security of your connection with our site, you may click on the Thawte badge at the bottom of this page at any time. With respect to your PHI, Interactive Health limits access to only those employees, contractors, and agents who need your PHI to do their jobs or provide their services.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Service like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through our Service. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
14. Limitation of Liability
By providing us with any Personal Information, you expressly and unconditionally release and hold harmless Interactive Health, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and their respective shareholders, owners, users, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, licensors (including CoreHealth), successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected Personal Information, to the maximum extent permitted by law. Interactive Health further disclaims all liability, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other members or users (including unauthorized users) of the service. In addition, while we take reasonable steps to prevent third-party companies from making unauthorized use of your Personal Information, we cannot be held liable for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your Personal Information collected by those third parties. To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event will the Releasees be liable to you or any other person for any incidental, consequential, special, or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected Personal Information, even if the Releasees know or have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
16. Contact Information
Attention: Privacy Officer
1700 East Golf Road, Suite 900
Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
or contact us via our toll-free number: (800) 840-6100.
We want to hear your concerns, and you will not be retaliated against if you file a complaint.
17. Interactive Health's SMS And MMS Terms And Conditions
IMPORTANT: Read these Terms and Conditions for important information about our text (SMS and MMS) alert services.
If you provide Interactive Health with your mobile phone number, you are enrolling in the Interactive Health messaging program. By enrolling, you agree that we and our affiliates may contact you at that number using autodialed, automated, and prerecorded message calls or text messages to: (a) service your account, (b) manage your appointments, (c) provide health information updates, including marketing information about products and services that may interest you, and (d) provide information about payment for services you received,. Message frequency may vary and you may receive multiple messages. You agree and understand that these messages may include limited personal information in your messages, and whoever has access to the mobile phone or carrier account will also be able to see this information. You acknowledge that messages are sent without encryption, which presents some security risk. We may share your mobile phone number with service providers with whom we contract to assist us with the activities listed above, but we will not share your mobile phone number with third parties for their own purposes without your consent.
There is no charge from Interactive Health for this messaging service, but YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER’S MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. Participation in the Interactive Health messaging program is not required to use and enjoy the products and services offered by Interactive Health. You may opt out at any time by texting STOP to 59166. For help, text HELP to 59166, call (800) 840 - 6100, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compatible carriers include:
AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
Interactive Health and participating carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Product is not compatible with all cell phone models.